Thursday 31 October 2013

Halloweenday 31st October 2013

It all got a bit scary this morning, with witchy cackles, silent screams and ghostly howls to warm us up for singing, as well as some boggles and bogarts appearing out of the marshes...


This led nicely onto a 'ghostly' round...

GHOSTS...are very frightening,
And they are spooky too,
I hear one howwwwwling,
Doo, doo, doo, doo, dooooooooooo,     doo, doo, doo, doo...



We enjoyed a Polynesian call and response number named 'Tongo'. The recording on this website doesn't sell it, but it gives lots of resources. I do like discovering new song sites. Oh, here's another! I prefer the second one. NB: the words are a little different on pretty much every version I find!

We started learning Mary Mack - this is actually a 'mash-up' of Mary Mack and Furrem be me Heen - both songs concerning marriage. Freddie liked dancing upside down to this one. You can see more info here, or have a listen to our very own Morris Minors:



Finally, remind me to record 'I walked to the end of the road' next week... Arthur's face lit up when we started singing that one. I'd love to post it on here.

Keep safe and keep singing this weekend. Enjoy the fireworks.
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment