Thursday 26 September 2013

26th September

Welcome to the new Morris Minors blog page! I am very excited about this being not only a way to communicate about what is going on at Paradise Park, but hopefully an online resource available to parents, carers and babies everywhere!

I've been really enjoying our little club at Paradise Park Children's Centre. The singing grows in confidence every week. As a singer I find it good exercise, as a human I find it truly uplifting, and as a Mum it's a joy to watch the interest and happiness the babies show on hearing these adults create a wall of sound (and various sounds!) around them. We had lots of busy babies this week; lots of good percussion sounds!

This week, we sang Sail Away Ladies

We had another crack at Shallow Brown (I heard it from Norma Waterson and Eliza Carthy) and will keep learning the harmonies as it sounds beautiful.

And especially for Kate and Molly, Roll the Old Chariot Along... (Roll the old Bugaboo along.. as I know Romany likes to call it:-)

Finally, from last week, here is our in-house recording of the beautiful Native American song,
Fly Like an Eagle. I've been desperate to share this lovely recording with you all. 



Looking forward to more singing next week - Thurs 3rd October at 10.30 am! Morris majors (the grown ups only choir) will be singing sea songs at the Southbank Centre that afternoon, so I may well be in full sea shanty mood! M x

No comments:

Post a Comment